We’ve heard from you, and we know that companies need capital now more than ever before. It’s one of the reasons we chose not to postpone our event. The good news? Although many things in 2020 have been altered, a few things are still the same. The world is still moving forward. Business is still happening. And investors still have capital (and have now been sitting on it for a while).
It’s going to be more difficult than before. Without the ability to connect in-person or have a chance at a serendipitous run-in, investor introductions will need to be intentional and strategic. Lucky for you, that’s what we’ve been doing for years.
The investors we’ve talked to said they’re still looking for companies. But in a time of online-only meetings, the best way to get (virtually) in front of them is through a warm introduction. And Venture Atlanta (either through our event, our sponsors, or our committees) is the best and easiest way to get that.
All of your tools for getting your company off of the ground may have been shut down — but we haven’t. We’re still here to connect you to the funding you need to bring your business to the next level.
Venture Atlanta Live Online What to Expect
- The presenting companies will pitch live on our studio stage and will have a customizable pitch and company materials featured on-demand for a full year following the conference. This means that our investors will still be able to view your pitch even if they aren't able to watch it live.
- For the showcase we will have a virtual event room with pre-recorded videos of each showcase company. You will not need to fight for the time and attention of investors in a crowded cocktail hour. Instead they will be able to browse, uninterrupted at their leisure.
- With the virtual format, it will be easier than ever for multiple representatives from each fund to see your company. This will give your company exposure to more investors than ever before.
- The fan-favorite conference book will be available in a digital format, and, for the first time ever, we will be releasing this ahead of the event. This will allow investors to get to know your company before you even have to speak a word.
- We’re excited about a new feature we’re introducing this year! We will have strategic and intentional ways of connecting you to the firms that make the most sense for your company (think matchmaking). This will make it easier than ever to meet and talk with your best prospects - even in a virtual setting.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are seeking companies in all stages of growth (ranging from very early to growth stage) from across the Southeast to present live on our studio stage or in our virtual Showcase.
These companies will pitch on the Venture Atlanta studio stage in a live broadcast to thousands of viewers across the world. Here are the benefits of being a Venture Atlanta Live Online Presenting Company:
The Venture Atlanta Showcase gives early-stage or pre–revenue companies the opportunity to get on the radar of investors. Here are the benefits of being a Venture Atlanta Live Online Showcase Company:
Company applications for Venture Atlanta Live Online are now open!
JOIN OUR ELITE GROUP OF ALUMNI
Companies from all over the Southeast (Texas to D.C.) apply to pitch at Venture Atlanta.
This is a chance to represent your city and put your company in front of
top investors, execs, and technology experts.
DON'T MISS THESE EXCLUSIVE VA OPPORTUNITIES
BIP CAPITAL MEET & GREET
We are partnering with BIP Capital to host a virtual meet & greet on July 15th at 10am Eastern for prospective pitch companies to learn more about the application and selection process. Discussion topics include:
- What we’re looking for in prospective pitch companies
- How to tell your best story
- How to make your executive summary and application stand out
- What you can expect from the application and selection process
- What’s new and different with this year’s virtual format and year-round on-demand portal.
Contact us for the link to tune in!
Our Pitch Off is a way for hundreds of applicants to be narrowed down to our top presenters. If you are selected for the Pitch Off, you will have a 50/50 chance of being chosen to present on the Venture Atlanta Live Online studio stage.
This year the Pitch Off will be held September 10th. We will make a decision closer to the date on whether we will hold this in-person or virtually. For our out-of-state companies, you will not be expected or required to travel to Atlanta until the event.
DATES TO REMEMBER
June 4th - Applications Open
August 28th - Applications Close
September 3rd - Companies Notified if in Pitch Off
September 10th - Pitch Off
September 18th - Selected Companies Notified Privately
September 28th - Selected Companies Announced Publicly
We make sure you’re ready for the big event
Investor pitches are some of the most important and impactful things you’ll do for your company as an entrepreneur. And pitching live to a camera can be intimidating. That’s why we pair you with the very best in the industry so you are confident to deliver a winning pitch. Here’s how it works:
- If selected, you’ll be matched with dedicated coaches who will work with you throughout the entire process.
- You’ll get coaching and training (virtually if necessary) on how to develop a memorable pitch.
- Give your best presentation on the Venture Atlanta Live Online stage
- Pro Tip: Often these coaches are also investors - so you’ll have one-on-one time with people who could invest in your business, even before the event happens.
There’s nothing to lose
Curious to know how the top companies are picked? We have a multi-step review process with some of the industry’s top leaders, investors, and innovators. That means your application will be seen by potential investors regardless of whether or not you're selected. So why not apply? Here’s our process:
- Every application is reviewed first by our screening committee.
- The narrowed applications are then graded by our experienced investor and voting committee.
- All comments are reviewed and final decisions are made.
If you’re ready to apply, use this Executive Summary Template to start filling out your business plan. We can’t wait to see your application come through.
STAY AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
Get all the answers here
The 2020 Conference format is a LIVE Online Event ONLY. There is no in-person conference. However, all presenting companies will be requested to come to Atlanta so you can do your pitch in a professional studio which will be streamed out to our audience.
Applications are open June 4 - August 28. The deadline will not be extended for any reason. To apply, simply fill out the application on our website, and submit a one-page executive summary (which you can download above). There’s no cost associated with applying for or being selected as a Presenting Company or a Showcase Company.
We have a broad range of technology that we accept and have featured all kinds of companies from wearables to electric cars. We also feature the following:
- Communication Technology
- Financial Services Technology
- Health IT
- Information Security
- Data and Information Management and Analytics
Bio, Pharma and Life Sciences
Companies must be tech-enabled and looking to raise capital within the next 12 - 18 months. This means if you are raising money now, or plan to in the next year, you should apply! Companies in all stages of growth will be considered to present.
NOTHING! It’s a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to get on stage and receive excellent exposure for their business. You have nothing to lose! And, it’s free to apply.
YES! Venture Atlanta is known for its quality coaching. We provide two rounds of coaching in various formats to best fit your needs. You’ll receive exposure to top CEOs who have raised money and been in your shoes as well as investors to give invaluable feedback and help with your pitch. All selected companies MUST go through at least one round of coaching. Those who think they don’t need any coaching need not apply.
YES! We will help provide you with profile information on the investors in advance, and during Venture Atlanta LIVE Online you will be able to schedule 1:1 meetings with whomever you’d like. Thus, there will actually be more opportunity to network than ever before!
YES! This is another great thing about an online conference. We are recording all of the pitches and the content will be available for up to a year after the event. And you will be able to make updates to your company information at any time after the fact.