What to Expect
For 14 years, Venture Atlanta has been selecting the most promising tech companies from across the Southeast and bringing in top investment firms from across the nation to hear them pitch. Our alumni companies have collectively achieved over $5B in funding raised and $15B in exits. Don’t miss this opportunity to get your business in front of hundreds of investors and corporate leaders at VA 2021!
- There is no cost to apply and no cost if selected. This is a risk-free opportunity!
- Venture Atlanta 2021 will take place 10/20/21 & 10/21/21 at the Southern Exchange Ballrooms at 200 Peachtree, but we will also have a virtual component as well. Based on preliminary feedback from our investor audiences, most investors plan to attend in person and are ready to meet and network. For that reason, we hope that all companies will choose to pitch live on stage, but we are providing the option to submit pre-recorded pitches if necessary.
- Applicants will no longer have to write an executive summary. This will make the application process quicker and easier than ever!
- Applications are open May 10th - August 6th. The deadline will not be extended for any reason. We encourage you not to wait until the last minute!
OUR COMPANIES MAKE NEWS
These companies will pitch live on the Venture Atlanta stage (or submit a pre-recorded pitch if necessary). Here are the benefits of being a Venture Atlanta Presenting Company:
The Venture Atlanta Showcase gives early-stage or pre–revenue companies the opportunity to get on the radar of investors. Here are the benefits of being a Venture Atlanta Showcase Company:
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for companies that are…
- Anywhere in the Southeast (as far as west as Texas and as far north as D.C.)
- Looking to raise sometime within the next 18 months
- In any startup stage (we will have angel investors, VCs, and PEs in attendance, so we are looking for everything from seed stage to growth stage)
Dates & Events
PANORAMIC VENTURES MEET & GREET
TECHOPERATORS PITCH OFF
Our Pitch Off, brought to you by TechOperators, is a way for hundreds of applicants to be narrowed down to our top presenters. If you are selected for the Pitch Off, you will have a 50/50 chance of being chosen to present on the Venture Atlanta stage.
TechOperators will be providing coaching to all companies selected for the Pitch Off, and you will also be coached by VA alumni who have been in your shoes and can help prepare you for selection.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Company Applications Open - May 10th
Companies Notified If In Pitch Off - August 20th
Pitch Off - August 30th & 31st
Selected Companies Notified Privately - September 2nd
Selected Companies Announced Publicly - September 22nd
Venture Atlanta Conference - October 20th & 21st
We make sure you’re ready for the big event
Investor pitches are some of the most important and impactful things you’ll do for your company as an entrepreneur. And pitching live can be intimidating. That’s why we pair you with the very best in the industry so you are confident to deliver a winning pitch. Here’s how it works:
- If selected, you’ll be matched with dedicated coaches who will work with you throughout the entire process.
- You’ll get coaching and training (virtually if necessary) on how to develop a memorable pitch.
- Historically coaching has been reserved for Pitch Companies, but for the first time ever, we will be providing coaching to our Showcase companies as well.
- Pro Tip: Often these coaches are also investors - so you’ll have one-on-one time with people who could invest in your business, even before the event happens.
There’s nothing to lose
Curious to know how the top companies are picked? We have a multi-step review process with some of the industry’s top leaders, investors, and innovators. That means your application will be seen by potential investors regardless of whether or not you're selected. So why not apply? Here’s our process:
- Every application is reviewed first by our screening committee.
- The narrowed applications are then graded by our experienced investor and voting committee.
- The top applicants for the Early Stage / Venture category are then invited to our Pitch Off where they will have a 50/50 chance of being selected.
If you’re ready, submit your application here!
STAY AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
Get all the answers here
Venture Atlanta 2021 will take place in person at the Southern Exchange Ballrooms at 200 Peachtree. We will also offer a virtual component. We strongly encourage our companies to pitch live on stage at the event to make the most of the experience and be able to engage with the attending investors, but we are also offering the option to submit a pre-recorded pitch if necessary.
Pitch companies must be looking to raise within the next 18 months and must be located in the Southeastern U.S. (as far west as Texas and as far north as D.C.) We are looking for all levels of startup stages (from pre-revenue seed stage all the way through growth stage). We have a broad range of technology that we accept and have featured all kinds of companies from wearables to electric cars. The majority of our pitch companies fall into the following categories:
- B2B Marketplace
- B2C Marketplace
- Blockchain / Crypto
- Digital Health
- Digital Media
- Enterprise / B2B Software
- Environmental, Social, & Governance
- Real Estate & Property tech
- Supply Chain & Logistics
NOTHING! It’s a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to get on stage and receive excellent exposure for their business. You have nothing to lose!
YES! Venture Atlanta is known for its quality coaching. We provide two rounds of coaching in various formats to best fit your needs. You’ll receive exposure to top CEOs who have raised money and been in your shoes as well as investors to give invaluable feedback and help with your pitch. All selected companies MUST go through at least one round of coaching.
We will have 1:1 meetings that companies can set up through our virtual platform, there will be designated meeting areas set up at the venue, AND all companies will be invited to attend our Investor Dinner on the rooftop of Ponce City Market. This is BAR NONE the best networking of the conference and probably was the most missed event in 2020. We will also have speed dating networking sessions through our virtual platform. Fostering networking is one of our top goals!
YES! We understand that it’s not practical for every investor to watch every pitch live. For that reason we record all of the pitches and house them on our on-demand platform for a full year after the event. And you will be able to make updates to your company information at any time after the fact.